This formal September wedding at Zen in Greenville, SC was the perfect day of luxury and fun. Haley and David incorporated an elegant aesthetic into their celebration while maintaining a comfortable and mood which led to a night of fun & dancing!
- What are you most looking forward to on your wedding day?
Seeing all of our worlds colliding – family, friends, loved ones!
- What inspired your wedding décor? Did you have a theme in mind?
I wanted colors that felt happy but not too bold (light blue bridesmaid dresses, peachy/pink flowers)
- Why did you pick the venue(s) that you chose?We really liked the space at Zen and how it’s flexible to be used based on your needs.
We were interested in a venue with an outdoors option, and Zen was perfect because it has a garden but if the weather doesn’t cooperate, we have a fallback with the Lotus lounge inside and we won’t be compromising anything.
- What is your favorite feature about your wedding venue?
It has special little spaces like the garden with the edison lights, the dance floor with the chinese lanterns, and the seating upstairs where any shy, non-dancers can hang out and people-watch!
- Is there any particular vendor that you are really excited to have for your day?
You 🙂 And one of my friends from college decided to go to beauty school after leaving AppState and started her own hair/makeup business for weddings. I’m excited to support her business and have someone I like hanging out with us for several hours getting us beautified!
- Tell us about the food/drink at your wedding.
Smoke on the Water southern food. It was important to us to do family style food because Dave’s brother and his wife did that at their wedding a few years ago (she is Chinese and family style meals are customary for events in China!) and their wedding was so much fun and the food was stress free – no waiting in buffet lines, no running out of food at the buffet, and the family style encouraged the people at each table to socialize and have something to talk about/engage with.
- Which part of your wedding did you want to WOW your guests?
Open bar! We plan to party!
Coordinator: Crystal Williams Events
Florist: Simple Stems
DJ: Sound Choice
Stationary: Furr & Friend
Officiant: John Shepard
Caterer: Smoke on the Water
Cake: Brick Street Cafe
Hair & Makeup: BBF Bridal Artistry
Dress Shop: Madison Carolina Bridal
Want to see more? Check out The Journal for wedding tips and recent wedding photography!