Katie & Josh – The Venue at Rose Springs Farm.
- Describe your wedding aesthetic. Elegant, vibrant, fall wedding. My bouquet was made for me by my new mother in law. She added birds to represent my grandparents who have passed and designed a colorful fall colored bouquet that was breathtaking! My mom gave me a pin with charms that were very sentimental to me to wear on my bouquet. The other flowers matched and were made by my great friend and wedding decorator, Tammy Jacobs. She’s fantastic! Everything was gorgeous and even better than I imagined it. I just let her have fun with it.
- Tell me about your wedding dress. I bought my wedding dress at The Dress Bridal Boutique in Mauldin. The designer is Mary’s and I had major alterations that made it one-of-a-kind! I loved the sparkles, sleeves, and lace but my favorite part was the fabric of the skirt. So fun to fling about all day.
- How did you feel the morning of your wedding? Any wedding day jitters?None at all. Just excitement! My best friend since I was 5 and I got Starbucks on the way and it took 20 minutes because it was a brand new barista! Hilarious. We made it though and were chatting and laughing and listening to music while we all got ready and it was just so fun. Then once I got in the dress the day flew by!
- You had a great reception! Was that cake/dessert amazing? It was pretty rad! I’m glad we moved the timeline up like we did. The cake was delicious but I only had one bite! We ate the rest on the honeymoon though and it was so tasty! Christine with Baking Sweet Scents made the cake, cupcakes, and cookies and I had our cake topper made on etsy to commemorate our 3 dogs!
- What was your favorite part of the reception? You and the photobooth! What a hit! I had all of the photos from it that night so I could see how much fun all our guests had! The dance party was so much fun too. Daniel was a wonderful DJ and everyone had a blast! The glow sticks were a great idea.
- Any wisdom for couples planning their wedding right now? The day goes by so fast! Invest in great vendors who help run the day so you can just soak in every moment!
Leave A Comment